Shivangi is currently a team member of the Horizon Scanning Unit with a focus on South and South-east Asia. She has worked on Water Security Initiative in Middle East and Africa. She undertook a field trip to East Africa, as a part of the research on the application of employing the Blue Peace approach to the Nile river basin. She was also a researcher for Middle East Monitor, which identified socio-economic and environmental issues of relevance in the Middle East and North Africa region.
Prior to joining SFG, Shivangi was a research student at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. She obtained her M.Phil degree in Political Studies (with specialization in State Politics and Regional Parties in India). Her dissertation title was ‘PDP and Coalition Politics: Re-Emergence of Democracy in J&K, 1999-2008.’ She received a pre-doctoral fellowship from the University Grants Commission.
Shivangi completed her Master’s in Political Science from Lady Shri Ram College for Women, University of Delhi. In addition, she earned her elementary certificate in the French language from Alliance Française de Delhi.
Projects 2012 :
- Horizon Scanning
Looking Ahead : Staff Articles -
- Rising East Africa: Signs of Hope (December, 2011)
- Syria: An Uncertain Future (September, 2011)
- 'Mobile' Changes in the Arab World (July, 2011)
- Arab Revolution and the GCC (May, 2011)
- 'Jasmine' Concerns for Sub-Sahara Africa (April, 2011)
- Jasmine Revolution: Is China on Edge? (March, 2011)
- Carbon Opportunities in the Gulf (February, 2011)
- Full Speed Ahead: Transport System in the Middle East (December, 2010)
- Conditional Cash Transfer: An Emerging Trend in Developing Countries (November, 2010)
- Takaful: An Emerging Industry in the Middle East (October, 2010)
- Building Peace in Kashmir (August, 2010)
- The National Food Security Bill: 'Food for Thought' (July, 2010)
- Faesal' Success: A Hope for Kashmir (June, 2010)